Switch gate sequencer
AAX/AU/VST3 for Mac + Windows
BUY NOW $29 ... DEMO VERSION ... USER MANUAL
Switch is a gate sequencer effect plugin. At its core foundation is a high-precision step sequencer that’s running in sync with the host transport and driving a gate pattern – a series of on/off switches that define whether the input audio will be passed through (gate open) or will be muted (gate closed). Switch has a total of 8 gate patterns with up to 32 steps each, and offers an extremely wide range of timing settings for creating polymetric or polyrhythmic motion in any time signature. A single gate pattern is active at a given time, however, all of the patterns can be edited on the fly, and the interface also offers multiple macro editing functions.
The sequencer algorithm has advanced swing support: not only the ratio can be smoothly adjusted in real time, with both positive and negative values, but it also keeps correct swing timing when the pattern length is an odd number. The gate itself has variable time and is shaped using a two-pole low-pass filter for natural yet snappy transitions – not too far from an analog circuit. With all its simple tools combined, Switch allows for extremely quick creation of rhythmic audio level patterns: from classic trancegate and intricate tremolo effects, to beat chopping, pulsating accents, complex staccato, and beyond.
- Step sequencer with rhythmically correct swing, polymetric and polyrhythmic abilities
- 8 gate patterns with individual step count
- Two-pole analog-style lag filter for variable gate transition smoothing
- One-pole lag filters on all continuous parameters for smooth, click-free adjustment
- Supports mono › mono, mono › stereo, and stereo › stereo channel configurations
- Color-coded graphic elements
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation
- Sequencer pattern macro editing functions: copy, paste, clear, invert, shift, evolve, randomize, loop region
- Built-in preset management functions
- Open preset format for experimental pattern tweaking and generation
- Supports window size scaling up to 200%
- 64-bit Mac computer with Intel or Apple processor and Metal graphics support, macOS 10.9 or later, plus a host application with support for AAX, AU or VST3 plugins
- 64-bit PC computer with x86 processor, Windows 8.1 or later, plus a host application with support for AAX or VST3 plugins
If you previously bought either Strobe
or Switch v2
gate sequencer plugin from us - the new Switch v3
is a free upgrade for you. Please simply go to our updates page
and request your download link.