Buy now / Demo version / User manual / Update
Torsion is a monophonic Audio Unit instrument plugin built upon a unique combination of multiple synthesis technologies and modulation sources, wrapped into an intuitive interface which makes working with it as fun as playing a game. It has a very distinctive, original sound character – and is ready to push your musical creativity in a fresh new direction.
Reinvented classics. At first glance, Torsion's sound structure is similar to a traditional subtractive synthesiser – three oscillators going into a low-pass filter and into an amplifier – and it's certainly as easy to use. But Torsion's oscillators are completely different: they produce simple additive waves based on just a few partials, which are then enriched with lots of new spectral content using a wave transformer, which literally "curls" the wave in real time. To further spice the sound up, it offers a vast array of effects – including frequency shifter, filter FM, delay, and more.
Modulation galore. Torsion features as many as four separate LFO generators - one for each oscillator and one for the filter and output amplifier. In addition to precise synchronisation, each LFO cycle can be self-randomised, which makes the modulation rhythmical yet non-repetitive. There are also two AHDSR envelope generators, as well as a two-dimensional chaos oscillator.
Interactive experience. The interface of Torsion is designed with high-contrast, colour coded elements, which lets you operate the instrument intuitively in just a few minutes. It also includes graphic representations for every building block – oscillator and LFO waveforms, envelope shapes and filter spectrum all change as you modify them, making sound design with Torsion a truly engaging, fun process.
– Entirely new user interface with more convenient layout, drastically increased ease of use, and better visibility in daylight.
– Separate fine pitch control per each oscillator.
– Oscillator pitch modulation range increased to three octaves (up from one).
– Oscillator level now affects the waveform display.
– New trapezoid LFO waveform.
– Added 1/48 note LFO rate option.
– New distortion effects module with sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog-style saturation, and Bode frequency shifter.
– New delay effects module with stereo modulation and dual filter.
– Disabling of idle oscillators and effect modules to reduce processor load.
– 20 new preset patches.
– User manual in PDF format.
- Three oscillators each with four additive waveforms and four wave transform models.
- -24 dB/octave resonant low-pass filter with FM oscillator.
- -12 dB/octave high-pass filter.
- Ring modulator, sample rate and bit depth reduction, saturation, frequency shifter, modulation delay.
- Four LFO generators with multiple waveforms and per-cycle randomisation.
- Two AHDSR envelope generators.
- Two-dimensional chaos modulation generator.
- Factory patch bank includes 150 presets.
In the press
Torsion has a lot going for it and comes in at a reasonable price [...] those who give Torsion a shot will find a quick, easy source of sounds that sit just outside the norm – 4 stars, Computer Music / 2013
Torsion works with Logic, GarageBand, Live, MainStage, Maschine, Digital Performer, Studio One, ReNoise, Reaper, Bidule and other software that supports Audio Unit instrument plugins. It comes in 32/64 bit format for Intel Macs running OS X 10.6 or later, and supports Retina screen resolution.