Sequential multi-effect sequencer
FORMAT: Audio Unit plugin for macOS 10.6.8+
BUY NOW $49 + VAT or sales tax ... TRY DEMO ... PDF MANUAL
Sequential is a dynamic multi-effect that allows you to trigger different processing and synthesis algorithms in a rhythmical fashion. It features a total of 19 fine-tuned effects that filter, distort, reshape, stutter and even generate audio – all with flexibility to add gentle spice or dramatically transform any material. The sequencer has a vast number of timing and shaping adjustments, while the whole plugin stores 8 separate parameter snapshots that can be automated or switched in real time.
As usual with Sinevibes software, Sequential has a clean, colour-coded interface which is extremely easy to use. With lively animations and instant responsiveness, it offers a really organic, natural user experience. Altogether, this makes Sequential an extremely capable and inspiring tool that completely re-architects loops, creates unique breaks, fills and transitions, or turns any static, lifeless sound into a dancing masterpiece.
- 14 effects processors: low-pass and high-pass filters, barber-pole phaser, circuit-bent filter, wave transformer, sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog drive, ring modulator, frequency shifter, flanger, resonator, chorus, granulator.
- 5 audio-controlled generators: sine oscillator, phase oscillator, glitch oscillator, shot noise, white noise.
- Step sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable duration, timing and swing.
- Eight full instance snapshots, multiple utility and randomization functions.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
– Added new “evolve” utility function that gradually randomizes effect matrix switches, individual effect parameters, gate and transition parameters.
– For consistency, the “chaos” utility function now fully randomizes the exact same parameters as “evolve” (i.e. omitting the sequencer parameters).
– The gate, transition, effect level and effect dry/wet sliders are now enabled to send automation events to the host.
– Fixed user interface not updating correctly as parameter automation is received from the host.
– Less obtrusive noise algorithm for plugin’s demo version.
In the press
Sequential is a gift for the glitch-happy producer, generating an endless array of unpredictable sounds from anything you care to feed into it – 4.5 stars, Computer Music / 2013
A useful tool for sparking new ideas through randomisation, plus some interesting sound effects – 9/10, Mustic Tech Magazine / 2013
We found it refreshing to use. For a simple, solid way to glitch up tracks and reinvigorate loops and riffs, Sequential is on the money – Computer Music / 2011