Droplet raindrop delay
Buy now / Download demo / User manual
Droplet is a plugin for modeling “raindrop delay” effects. It is based on a chain of 24 randomized delay lines, specially configured to produce a sound similar to drops of rain or small particles falling onto a surface. This delay chain features variable frequency damping, time modulation with original phase-flipped routing, as well as chaotic stereo panning, all of which lets Droplet go much beyond the actual raindrop delay – and into granular clouds, dreamy spaces and lush chorused reverbs. Since the parameters are randomized each time a Droplet instance is created, just as any natural process it will never sound exactly the same - even the same preset on two different tracks in the same project will sound different.
- Chain of feedback delay lines with 24 “drops” and high-quality spline interpolation.
- Variable delay time and stereo pan randomization per drop.
- Feedback damping filter with low-pass and high-pass modes.
- Sine oscillator for delay time modulation with unique phase-flipped routing.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
Droplet update 1.0.1
– Improved initialization of DSP algorithms to prevent crashes or hangs in certain hosts.
– Improved damping filter tuning to prevent excessive feedback buildup in low frequency range.
– Eliminated clicks when switching presets that have opposing damping filter settings.
– Reduced processor load in the modulation generator.