Malfunction circuit-bent filter
BUY NOW ... TRY DEMO ... PDF MANUAL
Malfunction is a “circuit-bent” filter - a filter with intentionally broken connections and erroneous math that produces very special, hissy and screaming distortion. To tame this dramatic effect the plugin includes a low-pass pre-filter with a booster, as well as an output gate followed by a multi-mode filter. Malfunction also has two highly versatile tempo-synchronized modulation generators routed into the circuit-bent and the output filters for intricate morphing and pulsations: they feature many different waveforms including our special “broken triangle” and “staircase”. Plus, these modulators also offer variable chaos control which gradually adds random, never-repeating accents on each individual waveform cycle.
Malfunction has an intuitive user interface built with Sinevibes trademark color-coded, animated graphics and highly legible shapes and text. Thanks to carefully tuned parameters, superb efficiency and stability, Malfunction is a deeply creative tool that is also very enjoyable day to day.
- Unique “circuit-bent” filter algorithm producing thick, hissy and screaming distortion.
- Multi-mode state-variable filter with 8 algorithms for detailed output spectrum shaping.
- Two modulation generators with 10 waveforms and variable chaos.
- Transport sync with support for tempo and time signature changes.
- Color-coded controls with lightly animated transitions.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
– Completely new product, redesigned inside and out.
– All-new hardware-accelerated user interface graphics.
– Built-in gate to prevent endless self-oscillation.
– Two freshly developed modulation generators with new "broken triangle" and "broken saw" waveforms.
– Much improved computational efficiency with 2.5x reduced processor load.
In the press...
Malfunction is not an effects processor for the faint-hearted. Effective sound-masher. Goes from extreme to ridiculous. – Computer Music, 2013
Audio examples (mind your volume level)