Luminance shimmer reverb
BUY NOW ... TRY DEMO ... PDF MANUAL
Luminance is a plugin for creating “shimmer reverb” effects - unreal acoustic space simulations which gradually pitch-shift the reverberation tail. It’s a novel take on this coveted effect, here based on a modern “feedback delay network” design with high-quality interpolation - plus quite a few original tricks such as phase-inverted time modulation, special configurations for damping and signal blending. All this gives Luminance a fresh and highly musical character: it smoothly follows the original melodies and harmonies and creates a lush background sound layer reminiscent of a dreamy symphony of strings or pipe organs. And to ensure highest possible day-to-day usability, Luminance has an easy-to-understand set of finely-tuned parameters.
As always with a Sinevibes product, Luminance has a carefully crafted, clean and intuitive user interface. It features color-coded graphics for consistency with other plugins in our collection and well-calibrated contrast for optimal visibility in most lighting conditions. The interface supports retina resolution and also uses GPU-accelerated rendering, never impairing audio processing.
- Feedback delay network with 8x8 Hadamard matrix, cubic Hermite spline interpolation and variable time span.
- Granular pitch shifter and two-pole low-pass filter for shimmer effect shaping.
- Sine generator with unique phase-flipped modulation routing.
- Separate level controls for dry input signal, reverb send and return signals allowing multiple routing configurations.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
– Multiple performance optimizations.
– Bolder font for parameter value labels.
– Less obtrusive noise algorithm for plugin’s demo version.
Luminance in the press
Leave it to Sinevibes to bring something new and fascinating Combining Sinevibes’ algorithmic prowess and trademark intuitive interface design, Luminance will open up new dimensions in anyone’s reverb repertoire. – Ask Audio, 2018
Luminance has the advantage of sounding unique, utterly beautiful, and with a clear, simple interface [...] It’s probably the most accessible take I’ve seen on the idea, and the results sound modern and fresh without being too unfamiliar. In short: it’s some dreamy sauce you can add easily to anything. – Create Digital Music, 2018