Fraction audio slicing workstation
Buy now / Download demo / Read user guide
Fraction 3rd anniversary sale
For 30 days, buy Fraction + get 3 more plugins for free!
Simply e-mail us after buying Fraction. Offer is valid only for full-price purchases and ends on 14th April 2018.
Fraction is a plugin for deep on-the-fly remixing and mangling of sound. It features 8x independent slicers which record and repeat short pieces of incoming audio at defined points in time, either mixing with or replacing the original input. Each slicer has options for variable trigger probability and intelligent randomization for producing infinite variations in the arrangement instead of repeating the same loop over and over. Fraction also includes as many as 24x multi-effect processors (three for every slicer) with a diverse collection of finely tuned algorithms, plus effect parameter animation hard-linked to slicer’s timing. With such immense power Fraction is not just a great tool for intricate stutters, fills, breaks and transitions – it’s more like a little sampling groovebox that operates fully in real time.
- 8x audio slice repeaters with individual size, repeat count, playback direction and trigger probability.
- Intelligent real-time randomization functions with adaptive random number distribution.
- 3x serial effect processors per slice, each with 16 types: low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and band-reject filters, phaser, barber-pole phaser, positive and negative flangers, chorus, bit depth and sample rate reduction, analog drive, circuit-bent filter, frequency shifter, pitch shifter, ring modulator.
- Per-slice output stage with separate duck/mix setting, gate time, pan and level.
- 4x parameter animation generators per slice, hard-linked to slice repeat timing.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Live input audio waveform for visual slice marker placement.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
- Multiple utility and randomization functions.
- Additional functionality and haptic feedback available on compatible trackpads.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
– Thoroughly redesigned user interface with bolder shapes and thicker font.
– New arrow-style status indicators above slice markers which light up when the respective slices are processing audio.
– New “random” slice playback mode that shuffles between forward, reverse & forward-reverse modes.
– Increased audio waveform rendering resolution for retina screens.
– New “intelligent” algorithms for slice size and slice repeats randomization that adapt random number distribution depending on parameter range and current value.
– Extended function support for force-touch trackpads.
– Reduced processor load thanks to all-new, more efficient parameter and modulation lag filters.
– Reduced processor load and improved memory handling in main slice repeater algorithm.
– Reduced GPU load from audio waveform graphic.
– Multiple improvements in user manual, including block diagram.
– New factory presets (over 80 presets now included).
In the press...
Easy to use. Great results. Versatile effects. Unconventional modulation. Great presets. [...] Heaps of fun from this creative new plugin. – Computer Music Magazine, 2016
Fraction isn’t the first slice repeater plug-in. But it might be the most direct and intuitive. [...] It’s tough to describe just how much it’s able to do. – Create Digital Music, 2015